Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Dateline: Day Forty Five

Ok, ok.  So I missed a few days.  Actually I had intened on writing last night but by the time I got home I was tired and went to bed. 

A few things to report.  I finally got a phone call from The Affinity Agency.  But it was a little irritating.  Kyle, the assistant, said that he had not recieved my headshot from Ross, the agent.  So I had to resubmit my headshot and resume to him via e-mail and then we would go from there.  Well that was Monday and no call yet. 

I have been trying to get jobs as an extra on shows but hve been unsuccessful.  Here's the basic rule of thumb out here.  You have to pay to get payed.  As you may recall I registered with Central Casting last Monday.  That cost me $25 just to apply.  Well I waited a week to start looking for work because of John's Camp Holloween that ran fromTuesday through Sunday.  So Sunday night I started trying to get work through Central Casting.  Well there's a hotine you call.  It's like pulling teeth to get through to the hotline.  Then when you do and you hear a request from an extra casting director for a part you fit you then have to call them.  I have yet to get through to one of the to leave my info.  I hit redial for over an hour the other night and could not get through. 

Now there is what's called a call in service who will book jobs for you...but they charge $75 a month to do that for you.  So again, if you want to come out here and do anything in the entertainment field you had better bring your nickels and dimes because that is what they do to you.. nickel and dime you.

However there is some good news.  From the workshop over the weekend I got a call from The ESI Agency and I have an appointment with them tomorrow at 12:30 (3:30 for you Hoosiers) to discuss reprsentation.

For related news I am coming home for Thanksgiving.  Not sure if I will come back or not.  It's a lot of money to stay out here.  If I don't I will be pursuing things from home.  It all depends on what ESI tells me tomorrow.  The agent knows I am out here temporarily but he still wanted the interview.  So we'll just have to wait and see. 

Also when I come home for Tgiving I will leave where I am staying for good.  If I come back I will find cheaper lodgings. 

My scene last night for John Kirby's class went very well.  He loved what we did but he did have a couple notes.  The last week for that scene is next Tuesday. 

And I think you all are caught up.  Trying to conserve money as much as possible now.  Gas jumped the other day to $3.20 a gallon.  It was steady at $3.05 for a while.  But it's still in the mid 80's everyday and sunny, so what's to complain but.:)

I hope you all have a great day!!

Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment