Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Dateline: Day Fityone

I am writing to you in the morning.  A blog first.  Usually I unwind by checking e-mail, reading interesting news articles (because I don't have tv here) and then I blog.  Some nights I forget or am just beat.  Well yesterday was a good day.  I went to meet with John D'Aquino at around 2 to talk about my plans for when I return out here sometime in the future.  He also talked about a summer camp that he wants me to help him with. 

Then I went to visit my friend Jerry who just had surgery last week and is doing well, but is having difficulty getting around.  So I visited with him and Nancy Larson (she took my headhshots).  And I also met Larry who is a Hensen Puppeteer.  He has worked with the Hensen Muppet family for a quite awhile, just before Jim Hensen's death  I believe. 

Then I went to my acting class.  I requested to go first or second because I had to be at LAX by 9 to pick up a friend from the airport.  He agreed so Paul and I did our scene.  As I was anticipating, the scene was better last week.  But that's how things go. 

So I made the 30 mile drive over the hill to LAX to pick Ben up.  He's never been here and it was a thrill.  It reminded me of my first time out here twelve years ago.  You can't believe how different everything looks.  Honestly, how clean everything looks.  Because there's really no inclimate weather out here it's easier to keep it looking good...and I mean the entire city.  Yes, there are rundown areas where people ruin the properties, but the weather doesn't erode the crisp look of the buildings nearly as fast.  Also, the buildings all look different.  The materials they use are different and the style is usually a Spanish motife.   The houses...even the expensive ones...are all tiny compared to home.  Only the nicer houses really have yards. But there are parks all over.  The farther you move from downtown LA and move farther north, the bigger the yard get.  Where I live the yards probably average 30X20 or so. 

So I took him to Bob's Big Boy to eat.  That's where Bob Hope used to frequent, along with James Dean, Elvis, and Jay Leno when he would finish shooting The Tonight Show.  It was a good meal. 

Now today I found out that Japheth is directing a movie today here in Burbank. So we are going to the set for a little bit, then it's off to downtown Burbank to hang out.  It's supposed to be 77 and partly cloudy.  A change from yesterday's 87 and sunny.  Tomorrow it might actually rain a little. I havn't seen a drop in about five weeks.  To be honest I haven't missed it.

I hope you all have a great day!!

Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment