Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Dateline: Day Thirty Six

So today was interesting.  I went to Central Casting to sign up.  Japheth introduced me to Brandy, a friend of his who works there.  He gave me a lot of tips on how to get hire through them. There's a company across the street that works with Central Casting that, if you sign up with them and pay them a monthly fee, they will find extra work for you.  The catch is you have to be available to work everyday.  If they call you and you say no you get put on a list of people who turn down jobs after they have "worked so hard to get work for you".  That will be interesting.  The only times I can't do anything is Tuesday nights and Saturday mornings because of classes.  I also found out what all Central Casting casts for.  They cast for "Bones", "Chuck", "Mad Men" all from TV; as well as "The Proposal, The Hangover, Terminator Salvation, Hancock, The Soloist and many others from movies.  Could be rubbin elbows with Will Smith or Sandra Bullock next week.  You never know.:)

Then I finally got my scene for the agents workshop today.  It should be a good scene.  My acting partner was supposed to call tonight but didn't.  Still, we are meeting early Wednesday to go through the scene.

I went to West Hollywood tonight to run the scene with my acting partner from Tuesday nights.  We do the scene for the first time tomorrow. 

It's funny.  While I was in line at Central Casting I looked up and Michelle from my Tuesday night class came in.  So we ended up talking through the hour wait in line to sign up.  She is from Chicago.  I gave her a headshot and resume to give to her agent.  She said that they are a small agency but a pretty good one. 

I also sent my headshot and resume to Japheth's girlfriend, Adrien, yesterday.  She told me today that she sent them to her commercial agent to look at, but if I didn't hear from her not to worry becuase the agent may feel more comfortable going through Adrien instead.

And that's about it for today.  Oh, the groundskeeper put in new mulch in the courtyard today.  Wow!  What a wonderful manuer like smell wafting into my apartment through an open patio door.  I keep the door open so I don't have to run the AC.  I woke up to it this morning.  I went all around my place trying to find the origin of the odiferious offense.

By the way...sorry for the missing letters every once in a while.  My computer will not keep up with my typing for some reason.  It only seems to be the case on my blog and e-mail.  So the word STOP may be spelled SOP.  And if I don't catch it I move on not knowing.  Sometimes I have to hit a key three times or more to get it to work.  That is frustrating. 

Well, I hope you all have a great day!

Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment